Tuesday 12 January 2010

So crazy, even the Mail can't sensationalise it.

Here's a headline I'd never have made up:

Gay man who tried to poison lesbian neighbours with slug pellets over three-legged cat feud walks free.

The serious aspect of it is that he was given a six month suspended sentence for... attempted murder. Which is even more bizarre than that headline.

Only the British justice system could come up with a result that outdoes a Daily Mail headline for utter madness.

Just when you think the world can't get crazier...

4 comments:

Chris said...

A note from the jury foreman read: "Can't convict. Laughing too hard."

Sir Henry Morgan said...

Christ you can be a git Leg-Iron ... I already coughed my lungs up laughing twice today.

I think I might die if someone gives me a fourth dose of it.

Leg-iron said...

Sir Henry, don't look at the picture on the next post unless you have a lung donor handy.

JP - good point. He'd still have had the six-month suspended for attempted murder, but he'd be in for five years for a homophobic remark.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of headlines that make reading the story redundant,an old fave of mine is "My wife ran off with the Chinese hypnotist from the Co-op bacon factory",from the good old N.O.W.sometime in the 70's (I think - tho' I have seen it anthologized since I saw the original.)

opinions powered by SendLove.to