Friday 15 January 2010

No time, no time.

Off to the Smoky-Drinky place so no time to look at the news. Just a quick browse among the blogs. I'm sure it's good for me to skip the papers once in a while, certainly better for me than the new 'Liver Tsar'. I mean, it's the only part of your body you can whack hell out of and which then grows back. I'm off out to test that at the Smoky-Drinky place. Again.

The government want your views on a few things, except they don't really, but they need to be able to say they asked so they set up a consultation and hid it on their website. Fortunately, Old Holborn found it. Worth a look.

Finally, for a bit of cheer, via Mr. E, comes this blog of mirth and hilarity.

I wonder what the Gorgon says in his sleep? On second thoughts, I'm probably happier not knowing.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow. Well, as normal as it gets, anyway.

3 comments:

Dave H said...

"...it's the only part of your body you can whack hell out of and which then grows back"

Should one:
A) attempt elevated comment on the uncanny wisdom in the legend of Prometheus.

B) revert to type and make knob joke.

C) as last resort, make characteristically boring, over-educated yet ill-informed comment about liver regeneration being only possible within certain and occasionally highly individual limits. If you really clobber it*, the poor thing can start to grow back all yellow & knobbly and eventually stop working properly. Then you might then get to snuff it in a horribly dramatic fashion.

*29.5 units last night. Following the 'know your limits' campaign I always add them up carefully.

D) Just shut the **** up, Dave. You're still pissed.

Corrugated Soundbite said...

"I wonder what the Gorgon says in his sleep?"

Something about getting on with the job because it's the right thing to do, I should imagine.

It's my turn to visit a Smoky-Drinky place today. Islay awaits me, and not a ready-made in sight. No telly either. Mind you, I don't fancy their music much.

Leg-iron said...

Dave - True, you can burn it beyond its regeneration capacity. The trick is to give it time in between to regenerate.

I've had more livers than Dr. Who, you know.

CS- have fun. It was all Highland malts last night, the Drinky-Smoky host wasn't a fan of the peaty stuff.

A good night was had, nonetheless.

opinions powered by SendLove.to