Wednesday 27 January 2010

Looking as cool as mustard.

Big meeting tomorrow at which I hope to pick up some new work. So I went for an emergency haircut today. I've been putting it off while the weather was cold but the Neanderthal look doesn't usually impress the corporate sector. How bad was it? Well, when the barber (can we still call them barbers when they're female?) asked what I wanted done, I said "Just keep cutting until you find me. I'm in here somewhere".

She did a good job. I look almost human.

Anyway, big meeting means no booze and offline to prepare, to avoid distractions. So a quickie only, on Labour's methods to attract the middle class vote.

The Department for Children, Schools and Families declined to comment.

I think the only comment they could have made was "Ooops!"

Right - to work. No more from me tonight unless I get bored.

5 comments:

Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs said...

Hope you get the contract!

BTS said...

I thought that everyone living north of Watford was considered 'economically disadvantaged'..?

Anonymous said...

A barber is a man.

If you had your haircut by a woman, you went to a hairdresser, not a barber! HTH

BTS said...

Was it a Brazilian by any chance..?

Leg-iron said...

Beware of Geeks - I did :)

Anon - they call themselves 'gent's hairdressers' here and none of them have a barber pole outside. I haven't seen one of those for years.

BTS - A Brazilian? No chance. I don't want to get shot there!

opinions powered by SendLove.to