Monday 6 September 2010

Holidays.

I haven't taken a holiday this year because work, for me, is random and I can't just cut and run. Next weekend I'm off to Loch Tay for scenery and fishing and whisky and smoking. If they pretend outdoor smoking is dangerous, I'll be careful not to get caught and never visit again.

Greece as a holiday destination is not for me. They don't want smokers. The antismokers will surge to support their tourist industry, just as they supported the British pubs that are closing at an ever-increasing rate. Good luck with that deficit, Greece. I won't be there to help. Ever. You have declared me unwelcome. I will not forget. You need not concern yourselves with my presence because I will never, ever go there.

Vancouver, similarly, is permanently off the potential holiday destination list. They don't want me either. I do hope there are enough holidaying antismokers to go around because there are fewer and fewer places that even allow smokers to exist. I will not pay to be punished. You don't want my custom, fine. I'll go somewhere else. You might decide to change your stance at some point in the future but that no longer matters to me. My stance will not change. I will never visit Vancouver. Or Greece.

As for this country, I am in full agreement with Frank. I have no allegiance to this country. Not through my choice. The country has declared me filth. So if the BNP gain power, why would I worry? If the Communist party take over, why would I care? If the National Front or the Islamist Loony Party were to take control, what real difference will it make to me? I'd have to grow a beard. That is, really, it. Smoking, drinking and so on are already demonised. The only new thing would be the ban on bacon sarnies. And that is on the way anyway.

You, antismokers, don't want me. I did not choose to be your enemy. You, Clegg, decided the sides in this war, not me. The NHS won't treat me even though I have paid in for many years, so the total collapse of the NHS will not damage my healthcare prospects in the slightest. Therefore I have no reason to argue for its continuation and as a taxpayer who is excluded from the service I am paying for, every reason to work for its destruction. I can't smoke on buses or trains or any form of transport and that is to be extended into my home. Cuts in any of those 'public service' things will have little effect on me. Cut them to the bone. I have no reason to care. They don't like me anyway.

I hear 'Oh, you can't buy imported tobacco because it steals money from the government'. Tough. The government regards me as evil scum and they have no business pretending to be surprised when I act like it. They steal enough from me as it is. Next year I start growing my own and if they make it illegal, so what? I am a smoker. I am lower than rapists and paedophiles, who get lesser sentences. Why should I give a toss about 'legal'? I am a criminal merely by existing. I use a legal product and am villified for it. And they expect me to pay for this?

Next weekend is meant to be relaxing. Good friends and a bottle of wine. The Loch Tay Lot have the chance to bugger it up and ensure they do not get repeat custom. Ever. No matter what they do in the future.

Or they could just leave me alone. That's all I really want.

Selfish, isn't it?

4 comments:

subrosa said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you LI. There are places who are kind to smokers and offer them covered arbours, summer houses and the like to sit, relax and enjoy a cigarette. Let's hope you struck it lucky.

Furor Teutonicus said...

or the Islamist Loony Party were to take control, what real difference will it make to me? I'd have to grow a beard. That is, really, it. Smoking, drinking and so on are already demonised. The only new thing would be the ban on bacon sarnies. And that is on the way anyway.

What was it did you THINK the sand niggers arse lickers in Wesminster were softening you up for?

Dick Puddlecote said...

The Czech Republic is still a good destination, LI. I'll be popping over to Prague in early November, just for a reminder of the good old days. ;)

Anonymous said...

Its quite legal to smoke outdoors in "Bonnie" Scotland, well it is at the moment..

Hope they don't bring something in before next weekend for your sake!

opinions powered by SendLove.to