Wednesday 8 September 2010

Spontaneous smoky-drinky.

The lab is all set for samples tomorrow and there's a spontaneous Smoky-Drinky this evening so I'm off out. It won't be a late one, I have to get in early in the morning.

So instead of a rant from me, here's something the mini-hardman from Greenpeace might like to read before launching death and destruction on the adults who drive him to school. Since it's been on the net for a month, he really can't claim it's been kept from him.

As for the American preacher who plans to burn Korans, well that does look to me like playground politics. You burn my books and I'll burn yours. Oh, they'll get as worked up about it as they did about cartoons. The Americans want to nuke the region, and the people of the region seem determined to push them into doing it. Still, I agree with Jerub-Baal on this one. I can't support burning Korans, but then I'm not going to condemn it either. Our Western hand-wringers are out in force over this but they don't mention what happens to far more than just books in certain Islamic countries.

If both sides would restrict their activities to burning one another's books we'd all be better off. The publishers would make a tidy profit by continuously printing new ones.

Right, I'm off to eat some baby liver* and head out with a bottle. But first I'm going to flash my plums.




*Lamb. At least, that's what the strange little man with the shifty eyes tells me it is.

3 comments:

JuliaM said...

"If both sides would restrict their activities to burning one another's books we'd all be better off."

As someone pointed out on Twitter, this IS the 21st century, why not download the .pdfs and have a mass delete session?

Much kinder to the environment! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, we know what's going to happen to the Pastor given that he hasn't been granted a licence to burn them. I think he's already made his point, the threat alone being enough for followers of the religion of peace to burn effigies of him.

Jay

Electronic Cigarettes said...

Smoking electronic cigarettes has so many benefits when compared to tobacco. Electric cigarette is the all new alternative smoking solution that is taking the world by storm. Moreover electronic cigarettes allows to smoke a vapor that is free of carbon monoxide. This is one of the best way to quit smoking forever.

opinions powered by SendLove.to