It seems that poor children are losing out on education if they don't have access to internet porn and World of Wastetime at home. I would say they have an advantage by being offline while going through education. In fact, several advantages.
1. They won't read bollocks like this and therefore won't be influenced by it.
2. The Internet is a fantastic timewasting machine when you have a deadline for something you don't really want to do. YouTube alone can delay any productive activity by days.
3. They are totally immune to cyberbullying.
4. They are totally immune to online porn.
5. They are totally safe from rancid old paedos pretending to be little girls.
6. Information on the Internet doesn't go back much further than 1980. That's why I kept seeing scientific papers repeating work that had been done in the 1950s and which was available to anyone who understood how the library 'stack' system worked. The later PhD students never even considered looking outside the Internet.
7. They won't spend their days turning into The Mighty Phlegm, Warlord of the Blue Galaxy and Ruler of the Margins, might spend some time actually playing outside and could even learn the difference between a sheep and a tree.
8. They won't start thinking that Wikipedia is Truth.
9. The Government won't know where they are, what they buy, who their friends are... ah. I see.
Never mind. I thought it was actually about education there, just for a moment.